LAAT Local Governance - Academy Committee
Following a Trust-wide consultation in which proposals were put forward to change the way local governance operates within LAAT, a single model of governance was brought into effect from the 1st September 2022
Ruskington Chestnut Street C of E Primary Academy now operates it governance as an Academy Committee.
The Scheme of Delegation allows the Academy Committee to:
- help the Board of Directors fulfil its core functions by:
- Helping shape a vision for the school appropriate to it foundation
- promoting the academies place in its community
- helping the Board of Directors have the understanding it needs to improve outcomes for all pupils
- helping the Board of Directors have the understanding it needs to hold the CEO to account.
- help the CEO and school leader fulfil their roles by:
- supporting and challenging the school's senior leader to improve certain aspects of the academy
- providing external input to processes
- helping the School's senior leader to understand the local community, including commerce and industry
- building links with the wider local community including parents
- looks at the school through the lens of the child:
- seeking to answer on behalf of the board and executive: "what it is like to attend this School?"
In areas of finance and school standards, the Academy Committee will be aware of the position of the school through the QA reports (6 per year), information from the Headteacher, Signatures of Risk documents (termly) and the annual LAAT meeting.
Academy Committees will not be expected to monitor these as this is done by skilled School Effectiveness Advisers, in conjunction with peer visits.
Chair of the Academy Committee: Gemma Johnson
To get in contact with the Chair of the Academy Committee please use:
For any postal correspondence please use the school's address.
Academy Committee Members
|DATE OF APPOINTMENT
|TERM OF OFFICE
|DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
|Head of School
By virtue of post
Health and Safety
By virtue of post
Four meetings of the Academy Committee are held per year, at which all members attend and have voting rights. In the case of a split vote the Chair of the Academy Committee will cast the deciding vote.
Additional committees/working parties will be formed as and when required depending on the needs of the school. All members attending these additional meetings will have voting rights.
Previous Local Council Members (within last academic year)
Academy Committee Information
LAAT Governance Information
Clerk to the Academy Committee