Free School Meals
If your child is in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 you will automatically be entitled to a free hot meal in school. Our provider is The Farm Kitchen, a local company based in Ewerby - http://www.thefarmkitchen.com/
If your child is in Year 3 and above and you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit with an annual household income of less than £16,190 and do not get Working Tax Credit*
*unless in the Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
You can apply for free school lunches by contacting the school office with your national insurance number on 01526 832424. We will then check your eligibility and notify you of the outcome.
Please make sure that the food is in suitable containers, preferably plastic boxes, and that drinks are not in glass bottles or cans. Fizzy drinks shouldn't be brought into school for lunch!
We are proud of our Healthy Schools status and so we encourage children to bring in a healthy packed lunch. If you would like some help deciding what to put into your child's packed lunch then the School Food Trust website has some great ideas - including low-cost and low-effort menus!